Dossier

Dossier
This is the package that carried our hearts through Paris, Dubai, and on to Ethiopia :)

Monday, June 14, 2010

Father to the fatherless

I came across these verses while I was reading my Bible this morning:

"Father to the fatherless, defender of widows- this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families; He sets the prisoners free and gives them joy." Psalm 68:5-6

These verses spoke to my heart this morning for several reasons. One, "He is a Father to the fatherless". All of the orphans in the world who may not have earthly parents do, in fact, have a Father who loves them. Two, He "places the lonely in families". He is placing lonely children all over the world into loving adoptive families. He will be placing a lonely baby boy into our family. Three, "He sets the prisoners free and gives them joy". Shane and I had been "prisoners" to the pain of infertility. He set us free and has given us joy...

2 comments:

  1. Hey you guys~ This is quite exciting! I can't help but thinking - is my grandchild been conceived yet? Is he born yet? There's much to pray for including that precious little boy! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so precious those verses are....can't wait for this baby to call Shane his daddy.

    ReplyDelete